About Checkout Fields Manager
Checkout Fields Manager plugin allows you to add, remove and manage custom fields in the billing and shipping sections of the Jigoshop checkout area.
To install your plugin:
- Navigate to Plugins → Add New.
- At the top of the Add Plugins page, click the Upload Plugins button.
- Click Choose File.
- In the File Upload pop-up, choose the plugin’s .zip file from the hard drive and then click Open.
- Click Install Now.
- After installation, you have to click the Activate Plugin button.
- You will be transferred to the Plugin page; Checkout Fields Manager should now be visible.
To activate the plugin:
- Navigate to Jigoshop → Manage Licenses.
- Fill the boxes with appropriate information (license key and activation email).
- Click the Save button.
- Your plugin should now be active.
What plugin adds to Jigoshop?
The first thing that catches the eye is a description of every field in the menu. On the right side of each field is a question mark tooltip icon, which can be used to see the fields description.
Question Mark tooltips are now in every menu tab within the Jigoshop settings. These tooltips provide It really simplifies work with Jigoshop ow there is no need to search what is this option.
This plugin adds a new menu called Checkout Fields into Jigoshop settings.
The Checkout Fields settings page looks like the example below
For billing fields:
For shipping fields:
Checkout Fields Manager allows you to add, remove and manage fields in Billing and Shipping menu. It is very simple to use.
To add a field the user must just click the Add Field button. Now the user must enter a Label, Internal Name, Placeholder, decide if this field is required, choose the type of this field and add a class.
Note: Not all of this fields are required.
Effect of this is a new field in the Billing Address menu.
If the user wants to change the label of a field, he must just enter the new label into the field with the name he wants to change it to.
Last name label is now NEW LABEL.
To remove fields the user has to deselect fields which he doesn’t need.
Effect of this:
The plugin allows to change the order of fields. To do this click on a small rectangle in the Actions column. You can change order with it.
Now it will be a new order in your billing menu.
In Checkout Menu user is able to change the same things in Shipping menu as in Billing menu.