About FirstData Global Payment Gateway
FirstData allows you to receive money from all major credit and debit cards directly on your Jigoshop website.
What is more, TransArmor Tokenization (if enabled) allows your clients to safely store their credit card information on their accounts, thereby supporting quicker and more convenient processing of future orders.
What is worth mentioning is that credit card data is not saved on your server, but it is safely tokenized and stored on First Data’s secure servers.
FirstData Global Gateway gives you the ability to accept credit card payments through FirstData Virtual Terminal or FirstData e4 Gateway in your Jigoshop based shop.
To install your plugin:
- Navigate to Plugins → Add New.
- At the top of the Add Plugins page, click the Upload Plugins button.
- Click Choose File.
- In the File Upload pop-up, choose the plugin’s .zip file from the hard drive and then click Open.
- Click Install Now.
- After installation, you have to click the Activate Plugin button.
- You will be transferred to the Plugin page; FirstData Global Payment Gateway should now be visible.
To activate your plugin:
- Navigate to Jigoshop → Manage Licences
- Fill the boxes with appropriate information (licence key and activation email)
- Click the Save button
- Your plugin should now be active
To configure Virtual Terminal:
- Login at http://www.staging.linkpointcentral.com/
- Visit Support → Download Center → Download Now → For Web Service
- Download and extract the tar.gz file and also extract the .tar inside it.
- Use 7zip to extract if you’re unsure.
- Extract the files to somewhere on your computer.
- Activate the plugin in WordPress.
- Visit Jigoshop → Settings → Payment Gateways.
- Start uploading the required files. Read below for direction.
- You may apply for a test account here: http://www.firstdata.com/gg/apply_test_account.htm. If testing, use “111111111” for the Tax ID
Each of the setting fields that require a file upload is described below.
Obtain these files during step 3 of Installation above.
Where [store_ID] is your Store ID or User ID.
- Auth Credentials – WS[store_ID]._.1.auth.txt
- Private Key Password – WS[store_ID]._.1.key.pw.txt
- Private Key File – WS[store_ID]._.1.key
- PEM File – WS[store_ID]._.1.pem
To configure Global Gateway e4:
- Login to your FirstData Global e4 Gateway account.
- The Gateway ID can be found under the Administration tab under Terminals and then Details.
- Also from that screen, you can set up your password by clicking on “Generate” or change the existing password.
- Click on “Update” at the bottom of that screen.
- To access the Key id and HMAC Key can be found under the Administration tab under Terminals and then API Access. Note that each terminal will have a key unique to it.
- Clicking “Generate New Key” will generate a new key, and an email notification will be sent to all Merchant Administrators of that account alerting them of this change. The key will be displayed in plain text when it is generated but will not be saved until the “Update” button is clicked. Note: After this step has been taken, it will not be possible to view the key in plain text again so if this value is not stored it will be necessary to generate a new key.
- Pass Your data to Jigoshop FirstData Global Fi
- Demo account – You may create a demo account here: https://provisioning.demo.globalgatewaye4.firstdata.com/signup
Some payment gateways will require enabling “Force SSL on checkout”.
To enable “Force SSL on checkout”:
- Navigate to Jigoshop → Settings.
- Open the General tab.
- Scroll down to Checkout page section.
- Check the box next to Force SSL on checkout.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Save General Changes.
- “Force SSL on checkout” is now enabled.