- Creating grouped products
- Assigning children
Grouped products display several products on one page.
For example, if you are selling laptop accessories for one specific model – you can have a grouped product and sell a case, extra battery, external mouse or keyboard all from the same page.
Grouped products have no prices; only their children products do.
Creating grouped products
- On your Add Product screen, simply choose the “Grouped” product type
- You’ll immediately notice a few options have disappeared from your view. This is because grouped products can not have a price, only their children products can.
- Fill out the Description and Summary fields, and add an Attribute if you’d like.
- Now publish this product and go on to the next section to assign child products to it.
- While editing an existing product, choose your grouped product form the “Parent Product” select box.
- Finished. Now when you visit your grouped product, you’ll see this child product listed with it.
- Note that the child products will be listed in hierarchy to the parent product:
There are a few limitations with grouped products, unfortunately.
- Variable products can’t become a child product of a Grouped product