About Authorize.net Pro
The Authorize.Net PRO extension for Jigoshop gives you even more options and functionality to integrate the very popular payment service with your online store. The Authorize. Net PRO extension includes a Server Integration Method (SIM) for payments alongside the existing Advanced Integration Method (AIM) and Direct Post Method (DPM).
To install your plugin:
- Navigate to Plugins → Add New.
- At the top of the Add Plugins page, click the Upload Plugins button.
- Click Choose File.
- In the File Upload pop-up, choose the plugin’s .zip file from the hard drive and then click Open.
- Click Install Now.
- After installation, you have to click the Activate Plugin button.
- You will be transferred to the Plugin page; Authorize.Net PRO should now be visible.
To activate the plugin:
- Navigate to Jigoshop → Manage Licenses.
- Fill the boxes with appropriate information (license key and activation email).
- Click the Save button.
- Your plugin should now be active.
The Authorize.net PRO payment gateway for Jigoshop has a variety of connection methods that can be used to submit credit card payments from customers to your Authorize Merchant Account. These methods are:
- AIM — Advanced Integration Method – SSL is required and offers maximum security and full PCI compliance. Customers stay on your Shop server to enter their credit card information.
- SIM — Server Integration Method – No SSL required. Customers are transferred to Authorize.net secured SSL servers to enter credit card Information.
- DPM — Direct Post Method – No SSL required. Uses unique transaction “fingerprint” for security. Customers stay on your Server, but credit card information is posted directly from the customer to the secured Authorize servers bypassing the Shop server. (Please note: an SSL certificate is still highly recommended in order to display “https” in the browser URL and promote customer confidence).
If you have the Jigoshop → General tab Setting for “Force SSL on Checkout” enabled, then the AIM method will always be used. Your server must have a valid SSL installation and certificate for this method and this offers you the means of keeping your customers on your site at the Checkout where they can securely enter their credit card information.
If you do not have SSL available on your server then either of the other 2 connection methods can be selected in the Authorize.net PRO Payment Gateway settings.
- Navigate to Jigoshop → Settings and click the Payment Gateways tab.
- Scroll down to the Authorize.net PRO section.
- Tick the checkbox to Enable Authorize.net PRO.
- Enter a Method Title – this title will be seen by customers.
- Enter a Description – this description will be seen by customers.
- Tick the checkbox to Use Test Server – if enabled, LIVE payments will not process (Requires a developer account on the Authorize.net testing servers).
- Set Connection Method (If the Jigoshop General tab setting has SSL enabled, AIM will always be used.):
- Server Integration Method (SIM)
- Direct Post Method (DPM)
- Advanced Integration Method (AIM)
- Enter Merchant API Login ID.
- Enter Transaction Key.
- Enter MD5 Hash.
- Set Transaction Type:
- Authorize and Capture (default)
- Authorize Only
- Enable Credit Card Types Accepted:
- American Express
- Diners Club
- Tick the checkbox to Email Authorize.net Receipt.
- Toggle Debug Logging – On or Off (default).
- Enter an email address to Email Error Logs to.
- Click Save Payment Gateway Settings.
Server Integration Mode (SIM)
If you utilize Server Integration Mode your customers will be redirected to Authorize.net servers for payment.
Direct Post Method (DPM)
This method allows the customer to enter credit card info within your Checkout page.
Advanced Integration Method (AIM)
Allows your customers to enter credit card info within your Checkout page. You need an SSL certificate installed for this method.
If this setting is enabled, then you must have an Authorize.net developer account and all transactions will be sent to the Authorize.net testing servers:https://developer.authorize.net/testaccount
You will need to enter these ‘API Login ID’ and ‘Transaction Key’ settings into the Jigoshop Payment Gateways settings panel for Authorize.net PRO as they are different from your actual Authorize Merchant Account.
When you are ready to go ‘LIVE’ and process actual transactions, then you will need to reset these 2 settings for the gateway to your actual Authorize Merchant Account values and disable the ‘Test Mode’ setting.
When enabled in the Authorize.net PRO gateway settings, all transactions are logged into a file on your server within the Authorize.net PRO plugin folder, within a ‘log’ folder. Ensure this file has ‘write’ permissions for your server. Use this to help troubleshoot any errors and connection problems.