About Basic Weight Shipping
Basic Weight Shipping is a very simple free plugin which allows you to set five levels of weight-based shipping fees for your products.
To install your plugin:
- Navigate to Plugins → Add New.
- At the top of the Add Plugins page, click the Upload Plugins button.
- Click Choose File.
- In the File Upload pop-up, choose the plugin’s .zip file from the hard drive and then click Open.
- Click Install Now.
- After installation, you have to click the Activate Plugin button.
- You will be transferred to the Plugin page; Basic Weight Shipping should now be visible.
To activate the plugin:
- Navigate to Jigoshop → Manage Licenses.
- Fill the boxes with appropriate information (license key and activation email).
- Click the Save button.
- Your plugin should now be active.
- Navigate to Jigoshop → Settings and click the Shipping tab.
- Scroll down to Basic Weight Rate.
- Tick the checkbox to Enable Basic Weight Rate.
- Set a Method Title.
- Set Tax Status – Taxable or None.
- Set the Letter Weight Limit in kg – default = 0.010.
- Set Shipping Fee for Letters.
- Set Level1 Weight Limit in kg.
- Set Shipping Fee for Level1.
- Set Level2 Weight Limit in kg.
- Set Shipping Fee for Level2.
- You can stop at Level2 or fill in all of the way to Level5.
- Set a Handling Fee.
- Press Save Shipping Changes.