About Clockwork SMS Notification
Use Clockwork SMS Notification to get automated SMS notifications to your phone when an order is placed in your store, or alert your customers automatically when their order has changed or shipped.
To install your plugin:
- Navigate to Plugins → Add New.
- At the top of the Add Plugins page, click the Upload Plugins button.
- Click Choose File.
- In the File Upload pop-up, choose the plugin’s .zip file from the hard drive and then click Open.
- Click Install Now.
- After installation, you have to click the Activate Plugin button.
- You will be transferred to the Plugin page; Clockwork SMS Notification should now be visible.
To activate the plugin:
- Navigate to Jigoshop → Manage Licenses.
- Fill the boxes with appropriate information (license key and activation email).
- Click the Save button.
- Your plugin should now be active.
Clockwork SMS Options
- Navigate to Clockwork SMS → Clockwork Options (bottom of the WordPress Dashboard menu).
- Enter your Clockwork API Key.
- Enter ‘From’ Number – Enter the number your messages will be sent from. We recommend your mobile phone number.
Jigoshop SMS Options
Admin SMS Notifications
- Tick the Enabled checkbox – If this option is checked, your nominated mobile number will be sent a new SMS when a new order is placed.
- Enter a Mobile Number – This is the number you are sending notifications too. International format, starting with a country code e.g. 447123456789. You can enter multiple mobile numbers separated by a comma.
- Enter a Message – The following tags can be used in your SMS messages, though please bear in mind that they may take you over your character limits (for example if your shop name is very long): %purchase_id%, %shop_name%, %total_price%.
- Click Save Changes.
Customer SMS Notifications
The following tags can be used in your SMS messages, though please bear in mind that they may take you over your character limits (for example if your shop name is very long): %purchase_id%, %shop_name%, %total_price%.
- Send notifications on these statuses
- Enter a message in each box for the respective order status.
- Click Save Changes.