About End of Product Sale
End of Product Sale lets you have the option of marking any product as no longer available. Then add a prominent, clickable link for customers to visit a replacement product which is still on sale, and transfer those potential purchases.
To install your plugin:
- Navigate to Plugins → Add New.
- At the top of the Add Plugins page, click the Upload Plugins button.
- Click Choose File.
- In the File Upload pop-up, choose the plugin’s .zip file from the hard drive and then click Open.
- Click Install Now.
- After installation, you have to click the Activate Plugin button.
- You will be transferred to the Plugin page; End of Product Sale should now be visible.
To activate the plugin:
- Navigate to Jigoshop → Manage Licenses.
- Fill the boxes with appropriate information (license key and activation email).
- Click the Save button.
- Your plugin should now be active.
To configure the plugin:
- Navigate to Jigoshop → Settings.
- Click on the End of Product Sale tab.
- Set Replacement link text – Defines text which will be visible as link to the replacement (if set).
- Toggle Show replacement link – Decides whether replacement link is visible on the product page (Default = Yes).
- Toggle Show “No longer available” – Decides whether information about availability is visible on the product page (Default = Yes).
- Toggle Show “No longer available” on product list – Decides whether information about availability is visible on product list (Default = Yes).
- Toggle Automatically redirect – Decides whether upon entering the page of a product no longer available user should be redirected to the replacement product page (Default = No).
- Navigate to the desired product.
- Scroll down to the Product Data section.
- Toggle End the product sales to enable.
- Set Replacement by clicking the dropdown and searching.
When a customer views the Product page, the product will say “No longer available” and show a link to the configured replacement product.