About Product Variation Images
Variation Images plugin allows to promote your product attributes and variations in a more dynamic way. When a customer picks a particular variation, the main image on the product page will automatically update to reflect their choice.
To install your plugin:
- Navigate to Plugins → Add New.
- At the top of the Add Plugins page, click the Upload Plugins button.
- Click Choose File.
- In the File Upload pop-up, choose the plugin’s .zip file from the hard drive and then click Open.
- Click Install Now.
- After installation, you have to click the Activate Plugin button.
- You will be transferred to the Plugin page; Product Variation Images should now be visible.
To activate the plugin:
- Navigate to Jigoshop → Manage Licenses.
- Fill the boxes with appropriate information (license key and activation email).
- Click the Save button.
- Your plugin should now be active.
Following successful installation and activation of the plugin, Jigoshop Product Variation Images settings panel can be found under Jigoshop → Settings → Variations Images tab.
To use the plugin you have to first create some attributes for products. To do this go to Products -> Attributes.
Enter attribute label, choose the type of the attribute as Multiselect if you are going to offer many variations of your product and click Add Attribute.
Then open the attribute and create the attribute selectable options.
When attributes are ready, open and edit or create the product you want the variations to apply to. Set the product type as a Variable, go Attributes tab and add the previously created attribute.
Important is to set IS FOR VARIATIONS in attribute options.
Update your product.
Open Variations tab and add your product variations. By clicking on the image you have the option to add a different image for each variation, as well as enter different product specification and price for each variation. You find and edit the variations images under the Variations images tab.
Following successful configuration of attributes and variations, open the configured product to see the plugin in action.