About Jigoshop reCAPTCHA
reCAPTCHA is a free service to protect your website from spam and abuse. reCAPTCHA uses an advanced risk analysis engine and adaptive CAPTCHAs to keep automated software from engaging in abusive activities on your site. It does this while letting your valid users pass through with ease.
reCAPTCHA offers more than just spam protection. Every time our CAPTCHAs are solved, that human effort helps digitize text, annotate images and build machine learning datasets. This, in turn, helps preserve books, improve maps, and solve hard AI problems.
To install your plugin:
- Navigate to Plugins → Add New.
- At the top of the Add Plugins page, click the Upload Plugins button.
- Click Choose File.
- In the File Upload pop-up, choose the plugin’s .zip file from the hard drive and then click Open.
- Click Install Now.
- After installation, you have to click the Activate Plugin button.
- You will be transferred to the Plugin page; reCAPTCHA should now be visible.
To activate the plugin:
- Navigate to Jigoshop → Manage Licenses.
- Fill the boxes with appropriate information (license key and activation email).
- Click the Save button.
- Your plugin should now be active.
Jigoshop reCAPTCHA settings panel can be found under Jigoshop → Settings → General tab.
To configure reCAPTCHA enter the required details and adjust settings to your preferences:
- Enable reCAPTCHA – turn on/off reCAPTCHA,
- Public Key – Enter public key available from your reCAPTCHA account,
- Private Key – Enter private key available from your Google reCAPTCHA account,
- Display for which Customers – All customers/ not logged in,
- Display style for reCAPTCHA – red/white/black glass/Clean
- Language – choose in what language reCAPTCHA will work,
- Human notice alignment – Left/Center/Right,
- Human notice – Enter text that will appear in front of the reCAPTCHA widget to advise the customer,
- Left indent for reCAPTCHA widget – Set a position of the widget
To configure Jigoshop reCAPTCHA you have to enter values in all available fields.
If the plugin is configured properly usage is very simple. Depending on your settings, the user must enter the reCAPTCHA text, to be able to Place Order.