About Jigoshop Smart Coupons
Add and manage coupons with Jigoshop Smart Coupons which allows you to provide discount coupons, gift certificates, store credits and vouchers for your clients.
You can associate coupons with products, with an easy and automatic coupon generation. The unique coupon codes can be emailed to customers, encouraging repeat purchases.
To install your plugin:
- Navigate to Plugins → Add New.
- At the top of the Add Plugins page, click the Upload Plugins button.
- Click Choose File.
- In the File Upload pop-up, choose the plugin’s .zip file from the hard drive and then click Open.
- Click Install Now.
- After installation, you have to click the Activate Plugin button.
- You will be transferred to the Plugin page; Smart Coupons should now be visible.
To activate the plugin:
- Navigate to Jigoshop → Manage Licenses.
- Fill the boxes with appropriate information (license key and activation email).
- Click the Save button.
- Your plugin should now be active.
Creating a coupon
- Navigate to Jigoshop → Coupons → Add Coupon.
- Enter the coupon title.
- Choose the features you want your coupon to have by filling in or checking the appropriate boxes.
- At the bottom of the page, you will find the Smart Coupons Data, check the boxes next to the options you want to enable.
- After you are done click the Publish button.
Adding a coupon to a product
- Navigate to Products → All Products.
- Click the Edit button under the product to which you want to add a coupon.
- Scroll down and select the Smart Coupons tab.
- Click on the box and enter three first characters from the coupon title.
- Select the coupon (you may add more than one coupon to a product).
- After you are done click the Update button in the right-hand corner of the page.
To see how the coupon works go to Your shop → Shop and select a product. The coupons will be displayed in the right-hand bottom corner of the image.
Selling Gift Card
- Create a new coupon using ‘Add coupon‘ button from Jigoshop → Coupons.
- Check Smart Coupon option.
- Keep ‘Coupon Amount‘ EMPTY
- Save coupon.
- Add a new product.
- Select ‘Product Type‘ as ‘Simple‘ or ‘Variable‘ as per your requirement. If you want to sell only one gift card of a fixed amount, choose ‘Simple’, if you want to sell multiple gift cards of different but fixed denomination, choose ‘Variable’.
- For variable product – make sure you’ve added attributes & terms beforehand to represent different denominations.
- Select the attribute you are going to use as denominations from the ‘Attributes‘ tab.
- Enable ‘Is for variations’ & enable required denominations.
- Save the product.
- Move to ‘Variations‘ tab.
- Add variations as per your requirement.
- Select ‘Denominations‘ & set the appropriate price for it.
- Save the changes.
- Move to ‘Smart Coupons‘ tab.
- Search & select reference coupon with checked option ‘Smart Coupon’.
- Save the changes.