About Klarna Payment Gateway
Customers can pay for goods and services when they have been received, allowing them to trust small and new shops by relying on Klarna to take care of them. By the same token, Klarna assumes the risk for shop owners, by covering the payments for your products whatever happens.
Klarna currently covers merchants and customers in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany and the Netherlands.
The Klarna Payment Gateway for Jigoshop allows you to implement Klarna Invoice, Klarna Account and Klarna Special Campaign (Standard Integration Type).
- Klarna Invoice will allow customers to receive goods before making a payment, at which point they are invoiced by Klarna.
- Klarna Account allows customers to aggregate multiple purchases, or make large purchases and pay them off in installments.
- Klarna Special Campaign allows for offers such as ‘Buy now, pay in 6 months’ by setting specific payment dates for Klarna customers to pay for their orders.
To install your plugin:
- Navigate to Plugins → Add New.
- At the top of the Add Plugins page, click the Upload Plugins button.
- Click Choose File.
- In the File Upload pop-up, choose the plugin’s .zip file from the hard drive and then click Open.
- Click Install Now.
- After installation, you have to click the Activate Plugin button.
- You will be transferred to the Plugin page; Klarna Payment Gateway should now be visible.
To activate the plugin:
- Navigate to Jigoshop → Manage Licenses.
- Fill the boxes with appropriate information (license key and activation email).
- Click the Save button.
- Your plugin should now be active.
To configure the plugin:
- Go to Jigoshop → Settings → Payment Gateways.
- Scroll down to find the gateway, check the Enable Klarna Payment Gateway box and fill in the required information.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Save Payment Gateways Changes.
- Klarna Payment Gateway is now ready to use.
Some payment gateways will require enabling “Force SSL on checkout”.
To enable “Force SSL on checkout”:
- Navigate to Jigoshop → Settings.
- Open the General tab.
- Scroll down to Checkout page section.
- Check the box next to Force SSL on Checkout.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Save General Changes.
- “Force SSL on Checkout” is now enabled.