Jigoshop Order Emails can be altered from the WordPress Dashboard.
The contents of Jigoshop Order Emails have been editable from the WordPress Dashboard since the release of Jigoshop 1.12.
Please read this documentation to familiarize yourself with the Order Emails system of Jigoshop.
- Navigate to Dashboard → Jigoshop → Settings → General.
- Scroll down to Email Details.
- Here you can make the following settings:
- Jigoshop Email Address – the email address used to send all Jigoshop related emails from.
- Email From Name – the name that emails are sent from
- Email Footer – information found at the bottom of emails.
- Toggle ‘Use HTML Emails’ – enables HTML templates.
- Generate Defaults – creates all default email templates (Jigoshop → Emails). These are automatically created upon initial Jigoshop activation.
- Be sure to Save your settings.
Modifying Email Template Contents
Each eCommerce site is different so it’s understandable that you may have different content that needs to appear on your Order Emails.
- Navigate to Dashboard → Jigoshop → Emails.
- Click on any of the already existing Email Templates to view it.
- Within the text editor, you can make any necessary changes including formatting
- Use Email Variables in the form of shortcodes to add Business, Customer, and Order information to templates (Email Variables are listed below the text editor for reference.)
- Update/Save your settings.
The following shortcodes are all of the Email Variables that can be used within Jigoshop’s Order Emails templates.
- [applied_coupons] – Applied Coupons
- [bank_info] – Company bank transfer details
- [billing state_raw] – Raw Billing State
- [billing_address_1] – Billing Address part 1
- [billing_address_2] – Billing Address part 2
- [billing_city] – Billing City
- [billing_company] – Billing Company
- [billing_country] – Billing Country
- [billing_country_raw] – Raw Billing Country
- [billing_email] – Billing Email
- [billing_euvatno] – Billing EU Vat number
- [billing_first_name] – Billing First Name
- [billing_last_name] – Billing Last Name
- [billing_phone] – Billing Phone
- [billing_postcode] – Billing Postcode
- [billing_state] – Billing State
- [blog_name] – Blog Name
- [checkout_url] – If order is pending, show checkout url
- [cheque_info] – Company cheque details
- [customer_note] – Customer Note
- [discount] – Discount Price
- [is_bank_transfer] – Is payment method Bank Transfer?
- [is_cash_on_delivery] – Is payment method Cash on Delivery?
- [is_cheque] – Is payment method Cheque?
- [is_local_pickup] – Is Local Pickup?
- [order_date] – Order Date
- [order_items] – Ordered Items
- [order_items_table] – HTML table with ordered items
- [order_number] – Order Number
- [order_status] – Order Status
- [order_taxes] – Taxes of the order
- [payment_method] – Payment Method Title
- [shipping] – Shipping Price and Method
- [shipping_address_1] – Shipping Address part 1
- [shipping_address_2] – Shipping_Address part 2
- [shipping_city] – Shipping City
- [shipping_company] – Shipping Company
- [shipping_cost] – Shipping Cost
- [shipping_country] – Shipping Country
- [shipping_country_raw] – Raw Shipping Country
- [shipping_first_name] – Shipping First Name
- [shipping_last_name] – Shipping Last Name
- [shipping_method] – Shipping Method
- [shipping_postcode] – Shipping Postcode
- [shipping_state] – Shipping State
- [shipping_state_raw] – Raw Shipping State
- [shop_address_1] – Shop Address part 1
- [shop_address_2] – Shop Address part 2
- [shop_email] – Shop Email
- [shop_name] – Shop Name
- [shop_phone] – Shop_Phone
- [shop_tax_number] – Shop TaxNumber
- [subtotal] – Subtotal
- [total] – Total Price
- [total_tax] – Total Tax
Adding New Email Templates
You can always add additional Order Email templates at any time.
- Navigate to Dashboard → Jigoshop → Emails.
- Click ‘Add Email’.
- Enter the Title for your new template.
- Set the email Subject under the Email Data section – this is the subject line of the email.
- Set the email Action under the Email Data section – this is the event that triggers the sending of the email (note: Action must be selected prior to Email Variables appearing.)
- Email Data section
- Available Actions are
- Order Pending to processing for admin
- Order Pending to Completed for admin
- Order Pending to On-Hold for admin
- Order Pending to Waiting for Payment for admin
- Order Waiting for Payment to Processing for admin
- Order On-Hold to Processing for admin
- Order Completed for admin
- Order Refunded for admin
- Order Pending to processing for customers
- Order Pending to Completed for customers
- Order Pending to On-Hold for customers
- Order Pending to Waiting for Payment for customers
- Order Waiting for Payment to Processing for customers
- Order On-Hold to Processing for customers
- Order Completed for customers
- Order Refunded for customers
- Low Stock Notification
- No Stock Notification
- Backorder Notification
- Send Customer Invoice
- Now, within the text editor, you can add and format your desired content.
- Be sure to Publish your changes.
Editing HTML Email Templates
The HTML of the Order Emails template can be modified to change the visual appearance of the email template.
Below is the default HTML Email appearance:
In order to make modifications:
- Access your site via FTP and navigate to the ‘wp-content/plugins/jigoshop/templates/emails’ directory.
- Using your favorite code editor open ‘layout.html’ and make your changes to the HTML.
- Save the file and allow your FTP client to update the file on your server.
If you find that you or your customers are not receiving Order Emails, please try the following solutions prior to contacting Jigoshop Support.
- Check under Jigoshop → Emails to see if the email templates have been created. If they have not, please create them be going to Jigoshop → Settings → General and scroll down to Email Details and click “Generate Defaults”. Even if they have been created it may be wise to delete the existing templates and regenerate them just in case.
- If the first solution doesn’t provide a resolution, please install and configure a plugin named WP Mail SMTP: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/