- Product types defined
We’re going to go through the basic settings available when creating a new product.
You can also follow this video tutorial to create a simple product.
- Product Type
- Simple – Simple products have no specific Product Type Options. It is the most basic product available in Jigoshop.
- Downloadable – Allow your customers to download a file after successfully purchasing a product.
- Grouped – Grouped products display several products on one page. For example, if you are selling sound system components – you can have a grouped product and sell the speakers, tweeters, and subwoofers all from the same page.
- Variable – Variable products allow you to sell a product of several variations which can have different weight and sku settings. For example, a shirt with multiple sizes and colors.
- Virtual – Virtual products are essentially a Simple product with no shipping fees charged. This can be a Gift Card or a Service, for example.
- Parent Product – Only Grouped Products will be listed here. Choose the Grouped Product you wish for the product you’re editing to be a part of. So that when visiting the parent product, your product will be listed under it. See screenshot below for an example of a parent product (Grouped Product):
- Post Order – If you’ve set the Catalog Sort OrderBy to Product Post Order, then use this field to assign a numerical value for the order the products should be displayed in on Shop, Category and Tag pages.
- Summary – A quick description to encourage customers to purchase the product. This field will display next to the price and add to cart buttons on the single product page.
- SKU – Only shown if SKU is enabled from the General settings. This is a stock keeping unit for your product. Assigning this will show the SKU on the front-end single product page. Leaving this blank, only the product ID will be used to identify the product.
- Weight – Only shown if Weight is enabled from the General settings. Optionally assign a weight for your product that will display on the front-end single product page. This field can also be used in conjunction with our premium Table Rates Extension.
- Featured – Setting this to Yes will let you use our featured shortcode to display all featured products on any page.
- Visibility – Choose from four options.
- Catalog & Search – Allows the product to be viewed from both the normal Shop page (catalog) and any search features.
- Catalog – Only view the product from the Shop page (catalog), does not allow the product to be searched for.
- Search – Does not display the product on the Shop page (catalog), but allows it to be viewed in search results. Will prevent users from accessing the product directly.
- Hidden – Prevent the product from displaying and showing up in search results on the front-end. Will prevent users from accessing the product directly.
- Regular Price – Set the product’s numerical price to charge your customers. Eg, 10.24
- Sale Price – Displays the regular price crossed out, with the sale price as the default price paid for a product.
- Sale Price Dates – Start and end dates the sale will last for.
- Tax Status – You can choose to allow this product to be taxed, or just it’s shipping, or not taxed at all.
- Tax Class – Choose from the tax classes you’ve setup at the Tax settings page.
View the inventory management guide for configuring general Jigoshop inventory settings.
- Manage stock? – Whether or not you want to manage the inventory for this product
- Stock status – “Out of Stock” or “In Stock”
- Out of Stock – Will remove the “Add to Cart” button and instead display “Out of Stock” on the Catalog, Category and Tag pages
- Stock Qty – How much stock do you have available of this product?
- Allow Backorders?
- “Do not allow” – Will prevent a customer from purchasing a product that is out of stock
- “Allow but notify customer” – Will allow customers to purchase products out of stock, and will notify them that the product has been ordered on “backorder” via email notification and single-product page “Available on backorder” message
- “Allow” – Will not show the customer a message when they purchase a product out of stock
- Visible – Displays an “Additional Information” tab on the single product page, next to “Description”, containing the attribute you’ve assigned Visible
- For example, using the settings from the above screenshot, the following will display:
- Variation – This checkbox can only be used with “Variable” type products. Enabling it allows the attribute to be further configured. More information can be found on the Configurable Products guide.