About Shipment Tracking Add-on
Shipment Tracking Add-on allows you to enter Shipment Tracking Number and display it on Track Your Order and View Order pages. What is more, you will also be able to send it via email automatically when the order is marked as complete. Moreover, this extension creates Dynamic Tracking URLs for all the Shipping Companies listed below:
- Australia POST Domestic
- Australia POST International
- Canada POST
- Royal Mail
- An POST
- HongKong POST
- Parcel Force
Afterwards, the customer can simply click the link on any of the pages and see the tracking results without having to enter tracking number themselves.
To install your plugin:
- Navigate to Plugins → Add New.
- At the top of the Add Plugins page, click the Upload Plugins button.
- Click Choose File.
- In the File Upload pop-up, choose the plugin’s .zip file from the hard drive and then click Open.
- Click Install Now.
- After installation, you have to click the Activate Plugin button.
- You will be transferred to the Plugin page; Shipment Tracking Add-on should now be visible.
To activate the plugin:
- Navigate to Jigoshop → Manage Licenses.
- Fill the boxes with appropriate information (license key and activation email).
- Click the Save button.
- Your plugin should now be active.
The plugin will create a small “Shipping Details” pane in the top right corner of the order edit page. Before you mark the order as completed, you should enter the tracking number received from the shipping company into the designated field and choose the name of the shipping company.
You can choose from the drop-down list of default companies – for those companies the “Tracking URL” will be created automatically – or you can enter a “CUSTOM” company name and tracking URL.
After entering all the correct details and updating order status, the shipment tracking functionality will be active.
The plugin is ready to use. To see it in action you need to:
- Navigate to My shop → Visit Site →Track Your Order
- The new tab allows a client to enter Order ID and Billing Email in order to track their package
Activation of the plugin will create two new email variables:
which should be added to the Jigoshop > Emails > “Customer order status completed” email notification template in the desired place, in order to display the tracking number, and URL, in the email sent to the customer, after the order is marked as completed.