Stripe Payment Gateway is a plugin designed to handle single payments using Stripe, a refreshing and accessible alternative to PayPal. This is particularly beneficial for charities, non-profit organizations and other websites accepting smaller payments where transaction fees are unnecessarily high (no setup or monthly fees either).
Stripe currently supports businesses in the US, Canada, UK, Australia, and many European countries. You can instantly accept payments from around the world.
Stripe automatically handles conversions so that you can instantly charge customers in their local currencies. Designed with the whole company in mind, Stripe’s engineering, operations, finance, and support experts make payments run smoothly for everyone.
To install your plugin:
- Navigate to Plugins → Add New.
- At the top of the Add Plugins page, click the Upload Plugins button.
- Click Choose File.
- In the File Upload pop-up, choose the plugin’s .zip file from the hard drive, and then click Open.
- Click Install Now.
- After installation you have to click the Activate Plugin button.
- You will be transferred to the Plugin page; Stripe Payment Gateway should now be visible.
To activate the plugin:
- Navigate to Jigoshop → Manage Licenses.
- Fill the boxes with appropriate information (license key and activation email).
- Click the Save button.
- Your plugin should now be active.
How Payment Gateways menu looks with and without plugin?
Stripe Payment Gateway adds a new menu in Payment Gateways menu. It looks like on the image below.
And this is how menu looks when Stripe Payment Gateway is not installed.
There is no new payment configuration menu.
To configure Stripe Payment open Jigoshop Settings and from the menu on the top choose Payment Gateways. In this menu you can find Stripe Payment.
In Stripe Payment menu you have a few option:
- Enable Stripe – turn on/off Stripe payment,
- Description – user can enter here a special description about his method,
- Stripe Public Key – user ID which is connected with user Stripe account,
- Stripe Secret Key – private Stripe key.
To configure Stripe payment you have to enter values in all free gaps.
You can see result of your configuration in checkout menu in Payment Methods box.
Stripe is Method Title created by user.
Pay securely using your credit card with Stripe. (Your Billing Address above must match that used on your Credit Card) is description created by user.
If plugin is configured properly usage is very simple. After a shopping process user can choose Stripe method.