Stripe Payment Gateway is a plugin designed to handle single payments using Stripe, a refreshing and accessible alternative to PayPal. This is particularly beneficial for charities, non-profit organizations and other websites accepting smaller payments where transaction fees are unnecessarily high (no setup or monthly fees either).
Stripe currently supports businesses in the US, Canada, UK, Australia, and many European countries. You can instantly accept payments from around the world.
Stripe automatically handles conversions so that you can instantly charge customers in their local currencies. Designed with the whole company in mind, Stripe’s engineering, operations, finance, and support experts make payments run smoothly for everyone.
To install your plugin:
- From the menu on the left choose Plugins and Add New.
- On the top of the side you can Upload Plugin from the hard drive.
- Please choose plugin .zip file from the hard drive, open it and install.
- Plugin is being installed.
- After installation you need to Activate Plugin by clicking on link below.
Now you have to activate your plugin. To activate:
- Choose Jigoshop from the list on the left and then Manage License.
- Now you have two empty gaps, where you can write license key and e-mail.
- Fill the gaps and click save.
- If everything is all right your add-on will be activate.
How Payment Gateways menu looks with and without plugin?
Stripe Payment Gateway adds a new menu in Payment Gateways menu. It looks like on the image below.
And this is how menu looks when Stripe Payment Gateway is not installed.
There is no new payment configuration menu.
To configure Stripe Payment open Jigoshop Settings and from the menu on the top choose Payment Gateways. In this menu you can find Stripe Payment.
In Stripe Payment menu you have a few option:
- Enable Stripe – turn on/off Stripe payment,
- Description – user can enter here a special description about his method,
- Stripe Public Key– user ID which is connected with user Stripe account,
- Stripe Secret Key – private Stripe key.
To configure Stripe payment you have to enter values in all free gaps.
You can see result of your configuration in checkout menu in Payment Methods box.
Stripe is Method Title created by user.
Pay securely using your credit card with Stripe. (Your Billing Address above must match that used on your Credit Card) is description created by user.
If plugin is configured properly usage is very simple. After a shopping process user can choose Stripe method.